Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How to save over $50 a month in electricity


I bought this drying rack a few months ago and since I started using it with almost every load (except bed sheets) I have saved over $50 a month. Of course, this depends of your electricity cost and usage or/and wattage. Here is a Usage List to determine the estimated cost of electrical items in your home. How about using a Slow Cooker instead of your stove top or oven? Check out that list for Slow Cooker. $1.17 a month?!?! I started using my slow cooker a couple of weeks ago and I promise to update you when I get my next electric bill. Check out THIS interesting blog, one of my favorites - she posts one crock pot recipe a day for a whole year. You can also set your water heater low, I promise you'll see a huge amount of savings! :)

Note: I live in an apartment and use it indoors!

2 proofreaders making corrections!!!:

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun on November 13, 2008 at 7:17 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie @ Inner Child Fun on November 13, 2008 at 7:20 AM said...

Hi Enith! We purchased one of these racks earlier this year and it has added up to huge energy savings. I posted about it awhile back. You can see here. Love your blog, keep up the good work! :-)


Frugal Family Fun Blog


Good times on a budget!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
_____
 

Copyright © 2008 www.enithhernandez.net