Monday, August 31, 2009

Body After Baby Challenge entry


It's amazing but it's true. I've worked out on and off since I was 14 years old. I joined my first aerobic gym class at that age thanks to a free week that I won on the radio. It was the hottest gym at that time. My mom used to drop me off after school throughout my school vacation then she continued to pay for the gym membership because she knew how much I enjoyed working out. I used to spend about 3 to 4 hours in there (no kidding!), doing aerobic classes back to back and some weight training. I have to admit that I have always been a bit curvy, nothing too chubby but nothing too skinny. I love to eat, but not a huge fan of junk food or sweets. I think if I have never worked out throughout my teenage years or after, I would have had a huge problem with weight because I SERIOUSLY love food and I love cooking!

Funny picture of me with Shaq (I felt the tiniest girl!)
24 Hour Fitness Shaq-Sport


Few years ago, I worked at 24 Hour Fitness as a Fitness Counselor and I learned (and makes a lot of sense) that as long as you keep yourself burning twice as much the calories your body takes, you will lose or maintain your body weight. I mean, if you think about it --it's a no brainer! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work out as much as I want in the last few years because of my new responsibilities of being a full time mother but I tell ya... it's so worth it. Though I am finally finding a good medium between good eating habits (lots of raw foods) and working out every once in a while and still manage to loose a little weight here and there. I am not in a rush, I am still breastfeeding and that's what matters to me. The weight... it can wait. It will eventually melt down. In the meantime, I will enjoy every second of my motherhood, the womanly art of breastfeeding and getting myself into a nice work out routine that I can work around my [mothering] schedule without going insane or doing too much of it. Life is one :-)

p.s. My waistline is getting smaller

0 proofreaders making corrections!!!:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
_____
 

Copyright © 2008 www.enithhernandez.net