Tuesday, October 16, 2007

She got her beautiful blue eyes back!!!! :)


Dr. Kanterman - An Earth Angel
WoW! that's all I can say... well, here is the story:

6:00 am.
I grabbed her favorite stuffed animal, a blanket and a pillow for the road. I was on time surprisingly! lol We filled out some paperwork and they gave us a small dosis of some prescription drug so she could relax before going to the operation room. Everything seem to be so easy. The doctor arrived and he gave me some instructions and a few tips to follow after the surgery. Her doctor is just an amazing human being! He is not only a great doctor but also an amazing person with such a huge heart that makes him even more amazing than anybody could ever imagine! He cares so much about his patients, it's just breathtaking and it is so hard to find doctors like him these days. Dr. Kanterman you are a real Earth Angel!!!!

8:30 am.
She went in and I waited in the waiting room with a few fruits I brought along, together with my iPod and my Harry Potter book, of course!!!!! It was such a freaking cold room and I was tired as hell, no wonder!!!

9:30 pm.
Surgery was done and the doctor came in to tell me how great she did and that everything went magnificent.

9:40 am.
They called me to join her in the recovery room to wait until the anesthesia wears off. I was able to see right to the corner of her eyelids some mild clear bloody tears coming out of her eyes (sorry for being so graphic lol!!!), then when she started to wake up she started to cry and wanting to scrub her eyes so bad, while I was trying to stop her, I started to feel all weird and light headed! GUESS WHAT?!?! I was freaking passing out lol!!!! The nurses noticed my pale skin and ran over to hand me Sabrina's oxygen tube and covering me with some warm blankets. I mean, wasn't I supposed to be the one taking care of someone else, eh-hem, my daughter?!? Anyways, I thought it was hilarious and at the same time it was quite embarrassing! I swear, I really tried to be strong but my body didn't handle it very well I guess.

We got home safe and sound, she slept through the day and here I am telling the story. Even now, after a few hours from the surgery, if I stare at her eyes I feel I am going to pass out again?!?! HOW COME THIS IS POSSIBLE?!?! I guess I am very overprotective of my daughters and I just can't take it.

Anyways, I am so glad this is over and so thankful to have found the greatest doctor for my child and btw the best nurses! Jaimie you were the best nurse I have ever met in my life!!! Even though most of you know I am extremely into alternative medicine, sometimes we do have to bend a little and trust our instincts and heart. In our case, there was no choice and to do it this early it also meant: "Changing her life forever...."

Thanks to everyone who emailed me privately and those that help me through this and told me that everything was going to be okay. Nothing is better than real moral support from those that care about you and you care about :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

ps. more pics and video coming soon!!!


2 proofreaders making corrections!!!:

larrdog on October 17, 2007 at 12:11 PM said...

I'm so very happy for the both of you!!

enithhernandez on October 17, 2007 at 9:59 PM said...

thanks so much larrdog!!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
_____
 

Copyright © 2008 www.enithhernandez.net